TeamViewer for Remote Mobile Device Support
TeamViewer is an app that easily allows you to remotely control your mobile devices. It allows you to access and control mobile devices from your laptop/Mac and works across platforms and operating systems (OS).
We use TeamViewer to help us provide the best support experience for all our customers. For all our devices, we pre-install TeamViewer mainly for troubleshooting purposes. We also create an account with the customer’s company name and pre-log in them to TeamViewer with that account so customers can use it directly when needed without doing a prior setup.
The account information can be passed to your company during deployment upon request. Remote Control can be done with TeamViewer for free. There’s a usage limit, though, whereas if you exceed the limit, you’ll be asked by Teamviewer to buy the premium license to keep on using it.
If the customers intend to manage their own troubleshooting, customers can opt out from having TeamViewer pre-installed on the device. We will delete the account that has been setup and the TeamViewer will be automatically logged out.
Remote IT Support
Here’s how to use TeamViewer Host in step-by-step:
- Install TeamViewer Host on your device.
- Register for an account.
- Login to the TeamViewer Host with your credentials.
- Check your registered email for a confirmation email.
- On the confirmation email, add the mentioned device.
- Go back to the TeamViewer Host to log in.
All the steps above can be skipped if you’re using our device, as we already pre-install the TeamViewer Host, create an account with your company credentials and pre-login you to the app. The device is all set and ready to use whenever you need troubleshooting.
The main differences between TeamViewer QuickSupport and Host are as shown on the table below.
TeamViewer QuickSupport acts as a backup if the TeamViewer Host experiences troubles. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the TeamViewer QuickSupport on your device.
- You’ll see your device ID at the app’s home screen. Pass this ID to the support person who’s going to connect to your device.
- You’ll see a notification when there’s a connection request from another device. Approve the request to allow the other device to connect to your device.
Having TeamViewer QuickSupport on your device will help you whenever you experience troubles and need troubleshooting. You don’t need to worry about your device’s security as well since all connections to your device require prior approval from you.
Once you have access to the device via Teamviewer Host or QuickSupport, you will be able to see the screen and be able to remotely control via clicking on the screen. From here you can do the most common troubleshooting tasks like:
- Setting up your phone so the app can work perfectly. It can be things like battery optimization or Google Play Services Update.
- Checking the device’s software or hardware to fix errors reported by users.
- Checking and fixing the network settings for signal missing reports.
- Checking the data usage when employees need clarifications on exceeded data plan cases on their employers’ devices.
- Connecting to a reported missing device (only applicable when the device is online).
- Checking whether an app’s license has been applied properly.
Function-wise, Airdroid is similar to TeamViewer. It enables connection and access to mobile devices from your PC/Mac. It also allows you to transfer files across platforms wirelessly and fastly without data cost. You can use Airdroid to manage your file remotely via web browser.
We pre-install, setup and pre-login AirDroid to the device, so customers can use it directly.
Here’s how to use AirDroid on the device:
- Open AirDroid.
- Press "Me" button in the bottom right corner.
- Press "Tap to sign in."
- Key in your account credential (if you don’t have an account yet, you can ask the support team to make it for you or register yourself on AirDroid website).
- Press "Setting."
- Press "General."
- Tap on Device name and change it (this is to avoid confusion in Airdroid dashboard if you have a lot of device with the same type).
If you need to use AirDroid on your PC/Mac to connect to a mobile device, you can use AirDroid’s feature called AirMirror.
AirDroid can be used for free to connect to a maximum of 2 devices. If you need to connect to more devices, you’ll need to purchase the premium license.